United States History
Not sure where to find something,
you can search below or check the
calendar page for the names of topics
or class events.
Unit 1 The Nation's Beginings Prehistory-1824
Essential Questions for Unit 1
Unit 2 Manifest Destiny, Civil War & Reconstruction, 1800-1877
POLITICAL CARTOON ANALYSIS
Unit 3 The Development of Industrial America, 1870-1914
Unit 4 The Progressive Era 1890-1920
Essential Questions for Unit 4
PROGRESIVE PRESIDENT ACTIVITY
IRON JAWED ANGELS
Unit 5 An Emerging World Power 1890-1917
Essential Questions for Unit 5
Unit 6 World War and Beyond, 1914-1920
Essential Questions for Unit 6
Unit 7 The Twenties, 1919-1929
Essential Questions for Unit 7
Crash Course US History #1 The Black Legend, Native Americans, and Spaniards
Crash Course US History #2 When is Thanksgiving? Colonizing America
Crash Course #3 Native Americans and the English
Crash Course US History #4 : The Quakers, the Dutch and the Ladies
Crash Course US History # 5 The Seven Years War & the Great Awakening
Crash Course US History #6 Taxes & Smuggling, Prelude to Revolution
Crash Course US History #7 Who Won the American Revolution?
Crash Course US History #8: The Constitution, Articles and Federalism
Crash Course US History # 9: Where US Politics came from
Crash Course US History # 10 Thomas Jefferson and his Democracy
Crash Course US History # 11 The War of 1812
Crash Course US History # 12 The Market Revolution
Crash Course US History #13 Slavery
Crash Course US History # 14 The Age of Jackson
Crash Course US History #15 19th Century Reforms
Crash Course US History #16 Women of the 19th Century
Crash Course US History #17 War and Expansion
Crash Course US History #18: The Election 1860
Crash Course US History #19: Battles of the Civil War
Crash Course US History # 20 The Civil War Part I
Crash Course US History #21: Civil War Part II
Crash Course US History #22: Reconstruction and 1876
Crash Course US History #23: Industrial Economy
Crash Course US History #24: Westward Expansion
Crash Course US History # 26 Gilded Age Politics
Crash Course US History 27: The Progressive Era
Illustrated Timeline Project
History Crime Scenes
Crash Course US History 22:
Reconstruction and 1876
1. At the beginning of the video, what does John Green say was always ‘ruining everything’?
2. What president was left to lead after Lincoln died (and it is obvious that Green does not think highly of him)?
3. For most former slaves, what was land ownership?
4. Sherman’s plan promised how much land to former slaves?
5. With the same people in the south owning all the land led to what system of agriculture?
6. What political party was not happy with the state of the south being pretty much like it was before?
7. What did Andrew Johnson do to the Civil Rights Bill of 1866?
8. What did Congress then add to the Constitution because of Johnson being such a racist jerk?
9. What types of laws were those found in the MYSTERY DOCUMENT?
10. Each of the 5 military districts had to ratify what amendment prior to being allowed back into the Union?
11. Who was able to win the election after the epic fail of the Johnson administration?
12. Approximately how many African Americans held public office during Radical Reconstruction?
13. Who was the first African American U. S. Governor?
14. In what year was the next African American governor?
15. What do Americans hate that made Republican governments disliked because they needed this to pay for all the changes?
16. In what year was the Ku Klux Klan founded?
17. The election of 1876 was … really messed up, so who was the eventual winner?
18. The Bargain of 1877 basically killed what?
19. What types of laws limited African American rights to education, legal protection and voting?
Want to support this class?
If you would like to support the class (we can use any and all help possible) - please visit our
to contribute to our latest project
Need Extra Credit?
Proudly powered by