United States History
Not sure where to find something,
you can search below or check the
calendar page for the names of topics
or class events.
Unit 1 The Nation's Beginings Prehistory-1824
Essential Questions for Unit 1
Unit 2 Manifest Destiny, Civil War & Reconstruction, 1800-1877
POLITICAL CARTOON ANALYSIS
Unit 3 The Development of Industrial America, 1870-1914
Unit 4 The Progressive Era 1890-1920
Essential Questions for Unit 4
PROGRESIVE PRESIDENT ACTIVITY
IRON JAWED ANGELS
Unit 5 An Emerging World Power 1890-1917
Essential Questions for Unit 5
Unit 6 World War and Beyond, 1914-1920
Essential Questions for Unit 6
Unit 7 The Twenties, 1919-1929
Essential Questions for Unit 7
Crash Course US History #1 The Black Legend, Native Americans, and Spaniards
Crash Course US History #2 When is Thanksgiving? Colonizing America
Crash Course #3 Native Americans and the English
Crash Course US History #4 : The Quakers, the Dutch and the Ladies
Crash Course US History # 5 The Seven Years War & the Great Awakening
Crash Course US History #6 Taxes & Smuggling, Prelude to Revolution
Crash Course US History #7 Who Won the American Revolution?
Crash Course US History #8: The Constitution, Articles and Federalism
Crash Course US History # 9: Where US Politics came from
Crash Course US History # 10 Thomas Jefferson and his Democracy
Crash Course US History # 11 The War of 1812
Crash Course US History # 12 The Market Revolution
Crash Course US History #13 Slavery
Crash Course US History # 14 The Age of Jackson
Crash Course US History #15 19th Century Reforms
Crash Course US History #16 Women of the 19th Century
Crash Course US History #17 War and Expansion
Crash Course US History #18: The Election 1860
Crash Course US History #19: Battles of the Civil War
Crash Course US History # 20 The Civil War Part I
Crash Course US History #21: Civil War Part II
Crash Course US History #22: Reconstruction and 1876
Crash Course US History #23: Industrial Economy
Crash Course US History #24: Westward Expansion
Crash Course US History # 26 Gilded Age Politics
Crash Course US History 27: The Progressive Era
Illustrated Timeline Project
History Crime Scenes
Crash Course US History 18:
The Election of 1860
1. Green makes the point that though there are many different reasons why the Civil War happened, but all roads lead to what causation?
2. What was the most controversial part of the Compromise of 1850?
3. Because the new Fugitive Slave Law was so messed up it led many freed men and women to move where?
4. Who was a huge backer of the Railroad (even though he himself was a tiny man)?
5. In order to get his plan for a transcontinental railroad Douglas would push for what two states to become more ‘state-like’ with an act in Congress?
6. In what state was there so much violence that some believe that Civil War started there in 1857?
7. The fighting over the status of states as either free or slave through popular sovereignty led to the creation of what political party?
8. Who was an anti-slavery zealot that murdered an entire family and got away with it?
9. Kansas joined the union in 1861 as what kind of state?
10. In what state was Dred Scott taken to live by his master that prompted him to sue for his freedom since slavery was illegal there?
11. The Dred Scott decision convinced more people, especially Republicans that there really were no states that could be called what?
12. What ‘historian term’ does Green use to describe the Democratic party?
13. What percentage of the popular vote did Lincoln get?
14. By the time Lincoln actually took office, how many states had seceded from the Union?
15. Fort Sumter was fired upon by which forces?
16. What year did the first African slaves arrive in Virginia?
Want to support this class?
If you would like to support the class (we can use any and all help possible) - please visit our
to contribute to our latest project
Need Extra Credit?
Proudly powered by