United States History
Not sure where to find something,
you can search below or check the
calendar page for the names of topics
or class events.
Unit 1 The Nation's Beginings Prehistory-1824
Essential Questions for Unit 1
Unit 2 Manifest Destiny, Civil War & Reconstruction, 1800-1877
POLITICAL CARTOON ANALYSIS
Unit 3 The Development of Industrial America, 1870-1914
Unit 4 The Progressive Era 1890-1920
Essential Questions for Unit 4
PROGRESIVE PRESIDENT ACTIVITY
IRON JAWED ANGELS
Unit 5 An Emerging World Power 1890-1917
Essential Questions for Unit 5
Unit 6 World War and Beyond, 1914-1920
Essential Questions for Unit 6
Unit 7 The Twenties, 1919-1929
Essential Questions for Unit 7
Crash Course US History #1 The Black Legend, Native Americans, and Spaniards
Crash Course US History #2 When is Thanksgiving? Colonizing America
Crash Course #3 Native Americans and the English
Crash Course US History #4 : The Quakers, the Dutch and the Ladies
Crash Course US History # 5 The Seven Years War & the Great Awakening
Crash Course US History #6 Taxes & Smuggling, Prelude to Revolution
Crash Course US History #7 Who Won the American Revolution?
Crash Course US History #8: The Constitution, Articles and Federalism
Crash Course US History # 9: Where US Politics came from
Crash Course US History # 10 Thomas Jefferson and his Democracy
Crash Course US History # 11 The War of 1812
Crash Course US History # 12 The Market Revolution
Crash Course US History #13 Slavery
Crash Course US History # 14 The Age of Jackson
Crash Course US History #15 19th Century Reforms
Crash Course US History #16 Women of the 19th Century
Crash Course US History #17 War and Expansion
Crash Course US History #18: The Election 1860
Crash Course US History #19: Battles of the Civil War
Crash Course US History # 20 The Civil War Part I
Crash Course US History #21: Civil War Part II
Crash Course US History #22: Reconstruction and 1876
Crash Course US History #23: Industrial Economy
Crash Course US History #24: Westward Expansion
Crash Course US History # 26 Gilded Age Politics
Crash Course US History 27: The Progressive Era
History of Me
History of ME - Submission Pieces
Illustrated Timeline Project
History Crime Scenes
Crash Course US History 17:
War and Expansion
Indicates required field
1. John O’Sullivan coined what catchy phrase for American’s god-given right to the land from one ocean to another?
2. The video game “Oregon Trail” was accurate in that a lot of people died of Cholera and what other disease?
3. To encourage settlement in the land not densely populated, the Mexican government granted a huge tract of land to whom?
4. What was banned in Mexico but the Texan settlers from the United States brought anyway?
5. What leader decided to assert control over the rest of the territory?
6. After the Alamo, Texas was independent and was known as what?
7. Which president was coming into office when Texas was annexed?
8. What state was added to keep the balance of slave and free?
9. What area did Polk want to acquire even though Mexico said no?
10. Who was thrown in jail for not paying taxes to protest the war & wrote “On Civil Disobedience”?
Susan B. Anthony
Henry David Thoreau
11. The Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo set the border of Texas and what other major region?
12. Rising anti-Catholic, anti-immigrant movement was called what?
13. What was the nickname of the “American” party who embraced Nativism?
14. What group of immigrants came to California to work in mining and railroad work?
15. What was the ratio of men to women in California?
16. The MYSTERY DOCUMENT demonstrates that there was a growing frustration among what people in California who were not treated well?
17. What party formed in 1848 in response to the fact that California was half in the slave region and half in the free region?
18. With the northern vote split, who was then elected to the Presidency?
19. Who came up with the Compromise of 1850?
Want to support this class?
If you would like to support the class (we can use any and all help possible) - please visit our
to contribute to our latest project
History of ME Project
Need Extra Credit?
Proudly powered by