United States History
Not sure where to find something,
you can search below or check the
calendar page for the names of topics
or class events.
Unit 1 The Nation's Beginings Prehistory-1824
Essential Questions for Unit 1
Unit 2 Manifest Destiny, Civil War & Reconstruction, 1800-1877
POLITICAL CARTOON ANALYSIS
Unit 3 The Development of Industrial America, 1870-1914
Unit 4 The Progressive Era 1890-1920
Essential Questions for Unit 4
PROGRESIVE PRESIDENT ACTIVITY
IRON JAWED ANGELS
Unit 5 An Emerging World Power 1890-1917
Essential Questions for Unit 5
Unit 6 World War and Beyond, 1914-1920
Essential Questions for Unit 6
Unit 7 The Twenties, 1919-1929
Essential Questions for Unit 7
Crash Course US History #1 The Black Legend, Native Americans, and Spaniards
Crash Course US History #2 When is Thanksgiving? Colonizing America
Crash Course #3 Native Americans and the English
Crash Course US History #4 : The Quakers, the Dutch and the Ladies
Crash Course US History # 5 The Seven Years War & the Great Awakening
Crash Course US History #6 Taxes & Smuggling, Prelude to Revolution
Crash Course US History #7 Who Won the American Revolution?
Crash Course US History #8: The Constitution, Articles and Federalism
Crash Course US History # 9: Where US Politics came from
Crash Course US History # 10 Thomas Jefferson and his Democracy
Crash Course US History # 11 The War of 1812
Crash Course US History # 12 The Market Revolution
Crash Course US History #13 Slavery
Crash Course US History # 14 The Age of Jackson
Crash Course US History #15 19th Century Reforms
Crash Course US History #16 Women of the 19th Century
Crash Course US History #17 War and Expansion
Crash Course US History #18: The Election 1860
Crash Course US History #19: Battles of the Civil War
Crash Course US History # 20 The Civil War Part I
Crash Course US History #21: Civil War Part II
Crash Course US History #22: Reconstruction and 1876
Crash Course US History #23: Industrial Economy
Crash Course US History #24: Westward Expansion
Crash Course US History # 26 Gilded Age Politics
Crash Course US History 27: The Progressive Era
Illustrated Timeline Project
History Crime Scenes
Crash Course US History 16:
Women in the 19th Century
1. Women in the U.S. were shut out of the political process because they could not own what?
2. What concept allowed women access to education if only to be better mothers to their son’s?
3. As manufacturing moved out of the come it led to the concept of the “_______ of domesticity”?
4. What could working women not control if they were married?
5. What movement was Dorthea Dix a part of?
Creating Public Schools
Creation of Asylums for the mentally ill
6. As an alcohol reformer, what did Carrie Nation do to get attention?
7. The temperance movement would be most successful if women were able to what?
8. Though Uncle Tom’s Cabin was not such a great novel it did introduce the idea that slaves were what?
9. The Women’s Rights Convention at Seneca Falls produced what document?
10. What did Amelia Bloomer realize which kept women unable to work?
11. What happened to Bloomer and her pants?
12. What did those who criticized women’s movements (which called for the ability to work, have control over reproduction, and voting rights) claim that these women wanted?
Want to support this class?
If you would like to support the class (we can use any and all help possible) - please visit our
to contribute to our latest project
Need Extra Credit?
Proudly powered by