United States History
Not sure where to find something,
you can search below or check the
calendar page for the names of topics
or class events.
Unit 1 The Nation's Beginings Prehistory-1824
Essential Questions for Unit 1
Unit 2 Manifest Destiny, Civil War & Reconstruction, 1800-1877
POLITICAL CARTOON ANALYSIS
Unit 3 The Development of Industrial America, 1870-1914
Unit 4 The Progressive Era 1890-1920
Essential Questions for Unit 4
PROGRESIVE PRESIDENT ACTIVITY
IRON JAWED ANGELS
Unit 5 An Emerging World Power 1890-1917
Essential Questions for Unit 5
Unit 6 World War and Beyond, 1914-1920
Essential Questions for Unit 6
Unit 7 The Twenties, 1919-1929
Essential Questions for Unit 7
Crash Course US History #1 The Black Legend, Native Americans, and Spaniards
Crash Course US History #2 When is Thanksgiving? Colonizing America
Crash Course #3 Native Americans and the English
Crash Course US History #4 : The Quakers, the Dutch and the Ladies
Crash Course US History # 5 The Seven Years War & the Great Awakening
Crash Course US History #6 Taxes & Smuggling, Prelude to Revolution
Crash Course US History #7 Who Won the American Revolution?
Crash Course US History #8: The Constitution, Articles and Federalism
Crash Course US History # 9: Where US Politics came from
Crash Course US History # 10 Thomas Jefferson and his Democracy
Crash Course US History # 11 The War of 1812
Crash Course US History # 12 The Market Revolution
Crash Course US History #13 Slavery
Crash Course US History # 14 The Age of Jackson
Crash Course US History #15 19th Century Reforms
Crash Course US History #16 Women of the 19th Century
Crash Course US History #17 War and Expansion
Crash Course US History #18: The Election 1860
Crash Course US History #19: Battles of the Civil War
Crash Course US History # 20 The Civil War Part I
Crash Course US History #21: Civil War Part II
Crash Course US History #22: Reconstruction and 1876
Crash Course US History #23: Industrial Economy
Crash Course US History #24: Westward Expansion
Crash Course US History # 26 Gilded Age Politics
Crash Course US History 27: The Progressive Era
Illustrated Timeline Project
History Crime Scenes
Crash Course US History 15:
19th Century Reforms
1. Of the Utopian communities which wanted to separate themselves from the new world of industrialization, the most famous of which was what?
2. What was a fatal flaw of the Shakers (in terms of keeping the group going)?
Living in nice houses
3. Another big group to come out of this religious fervor was that of the Latter Day Saints or what common name for this group?
4. Why does Green believe that the Brookdale Farm failed?
5. Most of the reform movements of this time period were linked to religion and this was referred to as what?
6. These religious awakenings were all denominations of what branch of Christianity?
7. The reform movements grew out of the belief that perfection could be achieved both personally and community wide by removing temptations to have a truly free society thus leading to what particular reform platform?
Cutting out sugar
8. What groups of people are going to have a real issue with these reform movements?
9. Public school houses which were led by the ideas of Horace Mann were called what?
10. What was the biggest reform movement of the 19th Century?
11. What was the idea of the Colonizationists?
12. What is the name of the colony that was waiting?
13. William Lloyd Garrison was so anti-slavery; he burned what in protest that it was a pact with the devil?
14. What did the radical abolitionists rename the statehouse bell in Philadelphia?
15. What law/rule prohibited members of Congress from reading or calling for the emancipation of slaves?
Want to support this class?
If you would like to support the class (we can use any and all help possible) - please visit our
to contribute to our latest project
Need Extra Credit?
Proudly powered by