United States History
Not sure where to find something,
you can search below or check the
calendar page for the names of topics
or class events.
Unit 1 The Nation's Beginings Prehistory-1824
Essential Questions for Unit 1
Unit 2 Manifest Destiny, Civil War & Reconstruction, 1800-1877
POLITICAL CARTOON ANALYSIS
Unit 3 The Development of Industrial America, 1870-1914
Unit 4 The Progressive Era 1890-1920
Essential Questions for Unit 4
PROGRESIVE PRESIDENT ACTIVITY
IRON JAWED ANGELS
Unit 5 An Emerging World Power 1890-1917
Essential Questions for Unit 5
Unit 6 World War and Beyond, 1914-1920
Essential Questions for Unit 6
Unit 7 The Twenties, 1919-1929
Essential Questions for Unit 7
Crash Course US History #1 The Black Legend, Native Americans, and Spaniards
Crash Course US History #2 When is Thanksgiving? Colonizing America
Crash Course #3 Native Americans and the English
Crash Course US History #4 : The Quakers, the Dutch and the Ladies
Crash Course US History # 5 The Seven Years War & the Great Awakening
Crash Course US History #6 Taxes & Smuggling, Prelude to Revolution
Crash Course US History #7 Who Won the American Revolution?
Crash Course US History #8: The Constitution, Articles and Federalism
Crash Course US History # 9: Where US Politics came from
Crash Course US History # 10 Thomas Jefferson and his Democracy
Crash Course US History # 11 The War of 1812
Crash Course US History # 12 The Market Revolution
Crash Course US History #13 Slavery
Crash Course US History # 14 The Age of Jackson
Crash Course US History #15 19th Century Reforms
Crash Course US History #16 Women of the 19th Century
Crash Course US History #17 War and Expansion
Crash Course US History #18: The Election 1860
Crash Course US History #19: Battles of the Civil War
Crash Course US History # 20 The Civil War Part I
Crash Course US History #21: Civil War Part II
Crash Course US History #22: Reconstruction and 1876
Crash Course US History #23: Industrial Economy
Crash Course US History #24: Westward Expansion
Crash Course US History # 26 Gilded Age Politics
Crash Course US History 27: The Progressive Era
History of Me
History of ME - Submission Pieces
Illustrated Timeline Project
History Crime Scenes
Crash Course US History 26:
Gilded Age Politics
Indicates required field
1. The Gilded Age gets the name from a book written by Charlie Dudley Warner and what other famous author?
2. The book “The Gilded Age” was centered on what of the time period?
3. What political body did Twain hate?
4. What does Green say was one of the greatest political inventions?
the political machine
the hanging chad
5. The most famous political machine was Tammany Hall, located in what city?
6. The MYSTERY DOCUMENT indicates that corruption is just fine if it makes you rich, so much so that the author refers to it as “honest” what?
7. Who was the biggest corrupt politician of the day (hint: first name is William)?
8. How much did Tweed’s courthouse cost (indicating the corruption)?
9. In exchange for the help these political machines gave to the poor and the immigrant classes, the machine wanted what?
10. When voter fraud was not enough, many of the political machines chose to use what two methods?
11. Which political party was accused of taking bribes during the “King of Frauds” scandal?
12. What was the second great scandal of the time?
13. Which one-term president was assassinated during this time of corrupt politics?
14. Which president served 2 terms but not right after the other?
15. Which party was against the tariffs?
16. The Sherman Anti-trust Act was designed to break up monopolies but instead was usually used against what types of organizations?
17. Some of the labor reforms limited the work day to how long?
18. What were the laws of the south which limited the rights of African Americans called?
19. What issue got farmers of the west politically active?
20. What movement that was started by farmers was called what before the Farmers Alliance?
21. What was the biggest thing to come out of the Farmers Alliance?
22. The political party that rises from this is the Populists that mean what?
23. What were the two “Great Classes” that the Populists wanted to reach?
24. Wyoming was so Populist, what group was given the right to vote?
25. What does Green say ruins everything?
26. What populist candidate was able to earn 1 million votes?
27. The coinage of what was believed to make farmers lives better by allowing them to pay off their debts and earn more money?
28. William Jennings Bryan lost the election to whom?
Want to support this class?
If you would like to support the class (we can use any and all help possible) - please visit our
to contribute to our latest project
History of ME Project
Need Extra Credit?
Proudly powered by